Almost all people who watch movies, or listen music on computer are looking for their own “favorite” player or media center. Today we would like to present you media player, which is really good, and we think it deserves a little bit propagation, so it can be little bit more famous 🙂 Let’s look what Kantaris Media Player is about.
- Free and open source media player, no hidden fees, no spyware or adware or other malware.
- Plays almost all multimedia formats without the need for installing any separate codecs
- Connects to an online subtitle database, finds subtitles that are a perfect fit to the played media
- Plays RAR-archives without first extracting the media
- Beautiful music visualizations
- Plays DVDs and audio CDs
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 compatible
- Kantaris Media Player is written in C#
From Kantaris website we can read: Kantaris Media Player aims to be an all-in-one media player that provides a great audio and video experience. Kantaris is an open-source alternative to Windows Media Player with similar GUI and features. Video playback is based upon Videolan Client (VLC) which enables Kantaris to play almost anything without the need of installing any codecs separately. It features an attractive skin, some nice audio visualizations, and integration with Last.fm and Apple movies trailers.
So why not to try it today ? Download latest release Kantaris 0.5.8 Installer (13.6 MB) (as of 20. July 2009), check source codes, check official Kantaris webpage and share your thougths in comments 🙂
Have a nice day!