It seems google adsense doesn’t like pages like these, so they completely disabled ads for opensubtitles.org and opensubtitles.com too. So only right and real domain is opensubtitles.org.
We know XMLRPC API is very important for developers, so we added DetectLanguage()Â method. As name suggest – it detect language of given text – which should be gzipped – good when we want to automate uploading subtitles.
Upload subtitles using Java applet is really useful, because it works better, than “normal” web upload. It works like Subdownloader or well known Oscar – it sends movie hash and movie filesize information, so other people can download those subtitles without using website.
Today I’d like to introduce you really nice addon to our lovely Firefox browser. As it is written in heading – it is Subtitle Matcher addon. You can download it from Mozilla (you have to be logged in) or from authors page.
All users who use VLC, should be aware there is new exploit which affects VLC <= 0.8.6e. Workaround is not to open ssa subtitles from untrusted sources.
Czech dance radio Santamusic.cz will promote opensubtitles.org on their site (link exchange and so on). Listen or download our audio advertisment.
There are some thousands new subtitles for Polish, Hebrew and Dutch language. Every of those subtitles was in other format (subdirs, archives, different naming convention…), so I have to write new script (subroutine) for every language.
Maybe these videos will help someone. Someone who is not definitely decided to use or not to use SubDownloader for downloading and uploading subtitles.
OpenSearch is a collection of technologies that allow publishing of search results in a format suitable for syndication and aggregation.
Today we’ve upgraded PHP4 to PHP5. It is caused by bad communication with web server 2 and db server, so we redirect traffic from web2 to other servers.
240 packets transmitted, 240 packets received, 0.0% packet loss Yes, it seems so, we solved this problem, big thanks to DanGer. No more 500 errors.
Solution is pretty simple, every 2 minutes is running script, which check if 500, and if yes, it restarts server.
On internet exists some funky Polish subtitle formats like TMPlayer (tmp) and MPL2 (mpl), so I’ve added them – now our Polish friends should be possible upload subs in these formats too.
After some talk with lighttpd guru at irc, we together optimized its configuration. I also removed some ugly SQL querries, some of them are cached in memcache, thumbnails should be loaded faster, sphinx is doing its job…
Now, when searching, you can select, if you want subtitles for Hearing Impaired in advanced settings. Search results and subtitle details are marked with small icon.